Coming at you today with our second round of our Staple Series! It’s our kitchen edition! For both of us, one of our main staples in the kitchen is our Kitchen Aid mixer. We both have one, we both love it, and we both use it all the time. This thing is a miracle worker. There are a million little contraptions & attachments you can add to it to do all kinds of stuff, too – things we haven’t even tried. Check out the picture at the end of this post. Our main uses are usually for baking, dip making, or for Megan, even pasta making.
While these things are somewhat pricey, they are well worth the investment. The Kitchen Aid company is always willing to repair or replace your appliance if need be, too (from what we have heard and experienced, at least!). Plus, how fun is it that it comes in ALL KINDS of fun colors!? We both have white, but the bright colorful ones are SO cute, too! Basically what we can tell you about it is this: it’s an awesome product with awesome customer service – and how can you beat that!? Plus, it looks cute just sitting out in the kitchen when it’s not being used.
Melissa’s favorite thing to make in her Kitchen Aid is chocolate chip cookies.
Megan’s favorite thing to make in her Kitchen Aid is cookies or muffins.
Our kitchen life would absolutely not be the same without our Kitchen Aids! This would be the perfect gift for a birthday, Christmas, anniversary, or just because…so go ahead and send this link on over to your hubbies/moms/friends/relatives/random strangers to offer a little hint at what to buy you next time they’re shopping!
Do you already have a Kitchen Aid!? We want to know what you like to make in yours, if so! And what are your favorite attachments for yours? Also, here is one of our favorite chocolate chip recipes that we both make in our Kitchen Aids all the time!
Super Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup margarine, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 pkg instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4 oz package)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg. Add vanilla extract, and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your flour, pudding mix, and baking soda.
- Combine your dry mix with your eggs and sugar mix and beat until fully blended. Lastly mix in your chocolate chips.
- Grab your cookie sheet and form dough into medium balls, smashing each ball down with back of spoon.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Make sure you’re keeping an eye on them.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to sit on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to wire cooling rack.
Grab a glass of milk, and enjoy! You will thank us later! 🙂